According to a leaked report, ASUS PadFone 2 will be officially announced in an upcoming even held in Milan. Actually, ASUS is planning two simulations events, one to be held in Milan, Italy while the other one in Taipei, Taiwan. A recently leaked specs sheet suggests that Qualcomm’s all new Snapdragon S4 Pro will be running the ASUS PadFone 2. It will sport on board LTE radio, 13 MP rear camera, Super IPS+ HD display, 2140 mAh battery etc.
ASUS has brought lot of changes in hardware from PadFone to PadFone 2. It boasts 4.7 inch Super IPS+ HD display with 720×1280 px resolution support. It not only runs the fastest Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2 GB of RAM is supplied to it for optimum performance. LTE will be a region specific feature and so as HSPA+.
ASUS PadFone 2 to Feature 700 cd/m2 Brightness Display
But the best part of the handset is it’s display; 700 NITS of brightness is what PadFone 2 boasts of. NITS is similar to cd/m2. We know display having above 800 NITS of value is suitable for direct sunlight viewing although 1000 cd/m2 would be ideal. However, 700 cd/m2 is impressive in this case as you can see.
Preliminary Specs of ASUS PadFone 2
- Dimension: 137.9×68.9×9 mm
- Weight: 135 gm
- Android OS possibly JellyBean
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz
- LTE, DC-HSPA+ speed (region specific)
- GPRS/EDGE Class 10
- 1.5 GHz quad core Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro
- 2 GB RAM
- 4.7 inch Super IPS+ display
- 720×1280 pixels resolution, 700 NITS
- 13 MP AF camera with LED flash, zero lag shutter
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- 1.2 MP front camera
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0
- Micro USB port v2.0 with MHL link (TV out port)
- GPS navigation support and GLONASS
- 2140 mAh battery
Upcoming ASUS event will be held in Milan and Taipei on 16th of October. Stay connected to us for more information on ASUS PadFone 2.