Dell XPS 15 is amazingly high configured laptop PC which can be easily used as desktop alternatives. You can configure in the way you want; it is regardless to say price will vary and it can be as high as $1700 and more. Dell XPS 15 supports 1080p screen resolution and only a few laptop come up with this feature. However, as said earlier Dell XPS 15 is highly maneuverable depending on your choice and requirement. Check out why Dell XPS 15 is so good in business-
Lets, take a look at the specs-
Specification of Dell XPS 15
- Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Processor:Intel Core i5 460M Processor (3MB cache, 2.53GHz)
- Graphics Card: Intel GMA HD
- Secondary Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GT 420M
- Dimensions:15 x 10.4 x 1.3-1.5-inches
- Weight:6.21 lbs
- Display: 15.6-inch 1366 x 768 glossy display with LED backlighting
- Main Memory or RAM:4GB
- Hard Disk:500 GB
- HDD Rotation Speed: Rotation Speed 7200 rpm
- Battery: 6-cell Li-ion battery (56Wh)
- Wireless Connectivity: Realtek gigabit Ethernet and Intel 1000 802.11b/g/n wireless
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
- Speaker: JBL
Explanation of parts
Dell XPS 15 comes with a metallic silver on gray color scheme which looks awesome and the entire body is built using metals and plastic. Metal panels not only enhance the looking of a laptop moreover, it strengthens the interior and exterior of a laptop. Dell XPS 15 is more than a compact laptop and it is truly a hard task to manipulate hardware components after purchase. For doing that you have to disassemble all parts to make home to a new one.
Data transfer in a Dell XPS 15 laptop is easier as almost all types of ports are engraved in the body of the laptop in a nice way. On the front end SDHC-card slot is placed while on the rear side mini-DisplayPort, HDMI, LAN, HDTV-antenna, DV-power input, one USB 3.0, Kensington lock slot, in the left USB 3.0 port and on the right hand side Optical drive, audio jacks, eSATA/USB combo port is placed for better accessibility.
Display is higher end Dell XPS 15 models come with 1080p 1920 x 1080 screen resolution which is rare is most of the laptops. Since Dell XPS 15 come with integrated JBL speakers it is regardless to say sound quality is good and surround sound effect and subwoofer placed at the bottom produce high yet reasonable sound pitch. HDMI port is available for connecting your laptop with home theatre.
Touchpad and keyboard of Dell XPS 15 is excellent and the keyboard is more like chiclet-style keyboard which ensures fast and easy accessibility.
The cooling system or rather airflow system used in Dell XPS 15 is excellent and most of heat produced by processor and GPU are expelled quite successfully and keep the machine cool for long hours.
The battery is also another plus point for this model and offers more than 5 hours of back up.
Features of Dell XPS 15
1. Intel Core i5 460M Processor (3MB cache, 2.53GHz)
2. nVidia GeForce GT 420M
3. 4GB of RAM
4. Good battery life
5. Comfortable backlit keyboard
6. Better wireless connectivity
1. Too compact; hard to upgrade
2. Cost is in the higher side although can be customized to fit your budget